Connected and Automated Vehicle (CAV) Data Infrastructure and Access
Henry Liu, Director – Center for Connected and Automated Transportation (CCAT)
Director – Mcity
Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering – The University of Michigan
Research Professor – The University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute
Carol Flannagan, Research Associate Professor – The Univerity of Michigan Transportation Research Institute
Director – Center for the Management of Information for Safe and Sustainable Transportation (CMISST)
This is a two Phase project. The first phase organizes the data and determines how to grant access to the data. Tasks in Phase 1 include:
1. Identify existing data sets that are worthwhile to the CAV user community.
2. MAP out the access process for internal and external data users.
3. Set up Data User Agreements (DUA) that will clearly document the boundaries of what can and can’t be done with the data.
Phase 2 will focus on creating codebooks for the data, establishing a metadata repository, and instituting a data oversight committee. Phase 2 will focus on:
1. Implementing the process for internal UM users developed in the first phase
2. Creating codebooks for the data
3. Establishing a metadata repository
4. Instituting a data oversight committee.
5. Map out the access process for external data users.
a. How do people ask for permission to use the data?
b. Who grants it?
c. How does the user ID get entered into the permission system?
d. Set up Data User Agreements (DUA) that will clearly document the boundaries of what can and can’t be done with the data for external users.
Institution(s): University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute
Award Year: 2017
Research Thrust(s): Control & Operations
Project Information Form